Friday, July 1, 2011

I think I was meant to do this and not that








Huzzah!!! I started illustrating last night. Thanks to my crafting buddies, Jess and Randy, I was fully motivated. Somehow Mexican food and kit kats make it all come together. Thursday night art-making is where it's at! I think I was meant to do this and not that other stuff I do all day Monday through Friday. (Insert Kanye Wests song "Spaceship" here because clearly I can relate.)




The images are coming along nicely. I sketched/painted the frog (see left) and turtle. I also started sketching the mice. I plan to outline the animals, wait animals? characters? subjects? Yes that works, subjects. I plan to outline the subjects when the painting part is complete. I still have to paint the background and add some details. All in all I think they are pretty cute. Feeling positive about this project! Who's with me?!



Please excuse the terrible image. It is from my phone. YES-I-LIVE-WITH-A-PHOTOGRAPHER but he was not with me and in the interest of quickly getting an image for y'all I had to use what I had.



On another note, why does it have to be sooooooo cold in my office everyday. I mean, I get it. It's hot outside and the air is good but does it need to be arctic tundra in this mug?! Just sayin'.

1 comment: