Friday, July 8, 2011

Hey Baby

Hi.

Apologies for not posting in over a week. In my mind I had written two other posts but the computer didn't read my mind and magically type it up for me so it never happened. Someone should invent that. Wait. No. If that really happened I would wish it didn't and then be all whatastupidideamylifeisruined.

Now then, let's talk some trash, shall we?

I have a baby. Well, he's a little over one now but I still consider him a baby. Babies make life a bit more complicated.* For instance, we had a leak in our bathroom in April which turned into a total bathroom overhaul. Not a bad thing since that bathroom had not been touched in over 15 years and it was looking mighty sad. The problem lies in having time to actually do all the work. My AMAZING husband is super handy so he basically did it all. I helped by making design choices and painting. How in the world would he survive without me?! Anyway, a project like this for Mr. G and I would typically take a few weeks. We are the overly eager get it done kinda people. BUT because we have a baby it took us two months. TWO MONTHS! Truthfully, it's not completely done because "we" still have to make a door for this built in shelf thingy but its now a functioning bathroom. I am happy with the end result I just wish there was a way we could multi-task so these kinds of projects wouldn't take so long. You can't do that with a baby. You can try. You will fail. Sorry but it's true and if anyone tells you its possible they are lying. LIAR!

Meh. I love my little baby so I'm not upset. I am merely amazed at the difference he makes in my life. Things that used to take little time to do now take much longer. Things that used to be important suddenly become almost meaningless. It's hard to adjust to life with a child. It's easy to forget what life was like before it too. When all is said and done I'm happy to share my time and energy with him because renovating the bathroom just isn't as fun as a dance party in the kitchen.

*After I had my son I suffered from postpartum depression. It was agony. When I came back to work I began writing a sarcastic response to all of the weekly emails I kept getting from the various baby websites. I wanted to write a more realistic verison of what to expect. I never actually blogged any of it but perhaps one day I will share with y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment