Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Complaints of a teenage freshman

This week is REALLY hectic at work. I'm trying to stay pleasant but sometimes I want to give these kids a reality check.

The world isn't going to end if you have class from 1:30 to 5:30 on Friday's. Believe me, you aren't binge drinking and making poor decisions until well after 10pm. Get. A. Grip. Life sucks when you become an adult and have responsibilities. Just be happy your "work day" ends at 5:30. Never mind the fact that you don't have class on Monday....AT ALL. When I was your age I had two studio classes back to back on Mondays from 8:30 in the morning until 9:30 at night. I also had class every Friday AND I was commuting 45minutes one way on a train.

Guess what I call that time now. Vacation. I'll be paying for that vacation many years from now and dang it...it was worth every penny. So put a sock in it lazy bones and go make a camera out of a coffee can while I sit at a desk and extract data.

Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment